Find out how a multinational consumer goods organization’s journey to SD-WAN was supported by Teneo with an SD-WAN Workshop and Implementation services.
SD-WAN & SSE Workshop
Take a different approach to SD-WAN and SSE discovery
Some teams are taking a different approach and are already seeing results from their SD-WAN and SSE projects in a short timeframe.
They’ve found a way to leverage external expertise and experience to unite them and fill their own knowledge gaps.
This has enabled them to accelerate their SD-WAN and SSE time to value by ensuring everyone approaches SD-WAN and SSE on the same page.
SD-WAN & SSE Workshop from Teneo
Teneo’s SD-WAN & SSE Workshop aligns teams at the beginning of an SD-WAN or SSE project, provides real-life
experience to help avoid pitfalls, and provides a structured approach to building a collaborative SD- WAN or SSE
solution and business case.
This solution forms part of StreamlineX, our innovative framework which enables IT teams to provide secure, optimized
and observable connections between users and applications.
- Agree workshop participants
- Set workshop pre-work
- Collect any relevant data that will be used to help predict ROI
- Collate responses
- Define workshop depth required and agenda
- Deliver our workshop virtually or on site with your team
- Create a Solutions Requirement Document for SD-WAN, SSE or SASE
- Highlight key requirements to meet your business and technical needs
- Present an SD-WAN or SSE solution that meets your requirements
- Deliver a recommendation document that acts as a solid foundation to your business case
SD-WAN & SSE Workshop sample agenda
A sample SD-WAN & SSE Workshop agenda can be found below.
To get the most out of our SD-WAN & SSE Workshop, it’s highly recommended that you research certain topics in advance. We’ll
help you decide what those topics should be. Examples include:
- Business objectives for your SD-WAN, SSE or SASE project
- Current WAN and WAN Edge costs
- Network topology and protocols
- Key applications and associated SLAs
- Desire to simplify leveraging a ‘cloud first architecture’
- Current ‘legacy’ WAN issues and service limitations you’d like to resolve
- Current ‘legacy’ WAN security issues you’d like to resolve
In Part 1 of the workshop, we’ll cover:
- What do SD-WAN and SSE mean to you?
- Your justifications for moving to SD-WAN, SSE or SASE
- What does SD-WAN or SSE need to deliver to your business?
- Current WAN and WAN Edge costs and areas for potential savings
In this section we’ll deep dive into your technical requirements, including:
Background & Architecture
- Understanding of your network environment and application topology
- How and where users access your applications and IT services
- Review of network management, covering people, processes and associated SLAs
- Identify any limiting factors that will affect SD-WAN or SSE design or deployment
- Consider other planned IT projects and Initiatives
Connectivity & Cost
- Review current WAN connectivity
- Where do you need to make savings?
- Current WAN costs for carriers, management, contract management, etc.
- Current carrier providers, their SLAs and what SLAs you need
- What bandwidth priorities do you have?
- Current WAN Edge technology, refresh cycles and assessment of SD-WAN or SSE as a replacement
- Managed service considerations
- Overview of your locations & time zones
- Structure & responsibilities of internal network team
- How much do you want to control vs how easy are things to manage?
- How dynamic is your business regarding M&A, site turn-up/tear down?
- Current and future use of the Cloud: IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Current vs desired failover times
- Real-time change and incident response requirements
- Critical applications & power users
- IaaS & SaaS Performance
- WAN Optimization requirements incl. Cloud & Mobile
- Wi-Fi access
- QoS policy & performance SLAs
- VoIP quality
- Managing user experience based on Loss, Latency and Jitter
- Review of existing network security and desired security posture
- Compliance and encryption level requirements
- Network segmentation and virtual routing and forwarding requirements
- Cloud Secure Web Gateways (SWG)
- Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB)
- Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) and VPNs
- Web Application and API Protection
- Remote Browser Isolation
- DNS & Wi-Fi Protection
Migration & Transformation
- Resources & skills assessment
- Required project timelines
- Identify where 3rd party support will be required
For Part 3 of our workshop, we’ll produce an SD-WAN, SSE or SASE high level Solutions Requirement Document (SRD) that will
capture all of the data collected in Part 2 of the workshop.
This document will be sent to you for comment and review.
Once all the requirements have been agreed, we’ll work on creating an SD-WAN, SSE or SASE solution to meet your needs
based on the SRD.
In addition, you’ll be able to use the SRD to guide decision-making when moving forward with your SD-WAN, SSE or SASE
At the conclusion of our SD-WAN, SSE or SASE Workshop process, we’ll have a clear understanding of your requirements and
will produce a detailed solution recommendation.
Our recommendation will highlight how it meets your specific requirements.
In the case that we’re presenting multiple solutions, we’ll rank each solution against your requirements, enabling you to make
an informed decision.
In addition, we’ll create a set of actions and next steps, complete with who’s doing what and when.
This may include:
- Time in the Teneo lab to demonstrate how our solution meets your requirements
- Building out a detailed SD-WAN, SSE or SASE business case
- Moving to Proof of Concept, leveraging Teneo’s deep knowledge and experience
Teneo’s SD-WAN & SSE Workshop Service Value
Align your SD-WAN & SSE stakeholdersBring together collaborative representatives from Network, Applications, Infrastructure, VoIP/Telecoms, Cloud and Security teams. Usual group sizes range from 5-15.
Follow our proven methodologyOur workshop is designed around our proven methodology that focuses on business challenges and technical requirements.
Detailed review and assessmentCovering all aspects of Technology, Processes, Systems and People enables our team to provide you with a comprehensive review and assessment.
Leverage our years of experienceLeverage our years of technical SD-WAN/ SSE knowledge and practical, real-life SD-WAN and SSE experience to avoid pitfalls and plan and achieve success.
- Capture, discuss and validate all stakeholder requirements.
- Detailed Solution Requirements Document that can be used to aid decision making.
- Company specific value assessment and ROI for adopting SD-WAN, SSE or SASE.
- Access multiple SD-WAN and SASE solutions and complementary technologies.
- Receive a recommendation document that addresses how different SD-WAN and SSE solutions can meet your requirements.
- De-risk your SD-WAN or SSE project by choosing the right technology and delivery model based on SD-WAN & SSE workshop outcomes.
- Accelerate SD-WAN or SSE deployment and competitive advantage for your organization.
Teneo’s SD-WAN and SSE Workshop is part of StreamlineX, our innovative framework combining market-leading technologies that empowers network and security teams to embrace digital innovation and navigate the challenges of modern connectivity.
The service forms part of the process to develop a multi layered approach to security using the StreamlineX framework, and adopting the principals of Zero Trust
Schedule a conversation
To get started with an SD-WAN & SASE Workshop, simply schedule a conversation with us today.