How Mature is Your Organizational Security?
In psychology maturity is the ability to respond to the environment in an appropriate manner – the response is generally learned rather than instinctive. The same could be said about an organizations approach to Security. According to Gigamon that there are 5 different maturity levels that your organization may have.
- Denial – Just like the teenager who acts and speaks impulsively, and who because of being unfocused gets into trouble at school, these organizations don’t believe that Security is an issue.
- Product phase – This organization takes the “whack a mole” approach – the best in class product for each potential security issue is applied.
- Compliance focus – This organization believes that its compliance regime will implicitly solve its organization security requirements (it was expensive to have this validated by independent assessors so we must be covered – right??)
- Risk based – This organization believes that Security is just another component of risk management.
- Operational – The most mature phase where security is treated as part of an ongoing operational process.
Do any of these resonate with you? The good news is that whatever stage of maturity your organization is at, Gigamon can help. Find out how in this video.