Without qualified IT staff on site to manage servers, storage and backup at the branch, it can take days, weeks or even months to provision new services, resolve application performance issues and recover from outages, directly impacting business productivity and ultimately business results. Riverbed offers a new approach: Zero Branch IT.
Riverbed SteelFusion is the first and only hyper-converged infrastructure for branch IT that enables 100% consolidation of branch data and servers from remote sites into Data Centres, delivering complete data security and centralised data protection without compromising on any of the benefits of running branch services locally for your users.
According to Taneja Group, SteelFusion reduces the average time to provision branch services by 30x (from five hours to ten minutes) and recovery from branch outages by 96x (from 24 hours to 15 minutes).
The technology consists of two components:
- SteelFusion Edge Device (SFED): A hyper-converged infrastructure appliance that integrates server, storage, network, and virtualisation to run local branch apps, eliminating your need for additional branch infrastructure.
- SteelFusion Core: A storage delivery controller in the Data Centre that interfaces with your storage area network (SAN). This projects centralised data out to branches, eliminates branch backups, and provides instant provisioning and recovery of branch services.
- Control data in the Data Centre, removing sensitive information from high-risk locations
- Slash IT costs by eliminating the need to purchase, maintain, and back up servers in branch offices
- Simplify IT workloads by completely eliminating the need for branch backup
- Quickly provision new applications to remote and branch offices from the Data Centre
- Reduce the amount of time it takes you to set up a new branch
- Deploy innovative architectures that provide you with a competitive advantage
- Improve employee and customer satisfaction with higher-performing, more reliable branches
Download the datasheet:Riverbed SteelFusion
This technology is also available on our Managed Service Platform.