Riverbed’s SteelHead WAN Optimisation technology enables IT consolidation at global insurance company.
- Distributed, global IT environment was costly to maintain
- Employees had poor access to corporate applications and information, which limited global collaboration.
- Many international locations were hampered by inadequate bandwidth and infrastructure
- Riverbed’s SteelHead WAN Optimisation solution was deployed around the world
- Clustered SteelHead Interceptors were deployed in the main US Data Centre
- Projected cost savings of $30 million over five years
- Consolidated two Data Centres into one and removed servers and other IT infrastructure from many international offices
- Consolidated 200 major applications, including Microsoft Exchange, and several thousand small applications into one location
- Improved employee access to information globally
“The insurance world is all about information, and a significant challenge of our business is getting access to information quickly and efficiently.”
Eoghan Doyle, Director of Infrastructure and Operations