Location: New York Metro
Reporting into the VP Solutions Engineering, the purpose of this role is to provide technical SD-WAN focused sales advice and service to internal and external customers from specification through to delivery
- Assist the Sales Team to sell solutions to customers by working within a Teneo framework and using a common language
- Participate as a member of Virtual Teams made up of representatives from various functions who collaborate to understand and enable the achievement of customer goals.
- Meet with influencers and decision makers alongside Account and New Business Managers and Directors and proactively develop technical relationships
- Participate in presentations to groups of influencers and decision makers
- Provide demonstrations and set up, monitor and review the success of pilots
- Work within Virtual Customer Teams to formulate impactful and convincing recommendations and RFI and RFP responses
- Engage and work with vendors and other customer suppliers to integrate technologies
- Serve as the focal point for all non-support technical issues and questions on assigned Customers
- Provide training and consultancy services where appropriate
- Be a subject matter expert in SD-WAN
- Translate customer SD-WAN requirements into detailed “requirements documents” and work with the customer to identify the best SD-WAN and associated technology from Teneo’s SD-WAN portfolio
- Create SD-WAN designs and supporting documentation for SD-WAN transformation projects (including HLD, LLD, M-HLD, M-LLD & MOP)
- Work with the Teneo services team and SD-WAN ecosystem partners to develop SD-WAN solutions which include security, visibility, connectivity and other complementary technologies as required.
- Assist in SD-WAN transformation projects as required.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Educated to degree level preferred or comparable experience and certifications
- Excellent track record in technical sales
- Experience of designing and installing network equipment in medium and large enterprises
- Experience of networking protocols (OSPF/BGP etc) and technologies (routing, switching, SD-WAN)
- Technical sales skills gained from a reseller or vendor background
- WAN Optimization (Riverbed, Silver Peak), NPM/APM (SteelCentral), and Security (Palo Alto Networks) a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- General networking- Network protocols, network design, IP/IPv6, DNS, NAT, router configuration on Cisco or comparable. IBN a plus.
- Technical sales methodologies- Customer communication, requirements gathering, project planning, creating PPT’s, running a Pilot/POC.
- Networking certifications such as Cisco CCNP or equivalent a plus
- Relationship management
- Problem solving
- Communication – questioning, listening, presenting, writing and verbal reasoning
- Time Management
- Organised and structured
Consultative, business to business sales approach
No agencies please.