Location: THEALE, UK
Reporting to the Service Desk Manager, the purpose of the Service Engineer role is to provide post sales technical support and service to customers.
- Provide first and second line support for all customers on all products via phone, email and web conference.
- Liaise with vendors and/or distributor support teams to resolve customer issues.
- Follow support processes and procedures to deliver world class support to all customers.
- Work in collaboration with the rest of the service team and technical team to ensure the smooth operation and maximum performance of all networks. Install and configure customer systems/solutions
- Work in collaboration with the rest of the Service Desk, Service Delivery and Technical Sales teams to ensure the smooth operation of technical issues, whether pre or post-sales Advise and/or undertake customer upgrades or configuration changes
- Take occasional responsibility for Managed Service customers; making Managed Service recommendations, attending on-site Managed Service review meetings, writing Managed Service reports, completing actions and assisting in the development of the Teneo Managed Service environment.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Educated to ‘A’ level standard or equivalent qualification
- Experience of providing technical support in a service desk is desirable
- Networking knowledge or CCNA routing and switching is desirable
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Understand network management and network infrastructure technologies
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and growing environment
- Relationship management skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical and logical
- Problem solving skills
- Organised and efficient
- Open Minded