Location: Dulles, VA
The company is seeking to recruit a solutions engineer to provide technical sales advice and service to internal and external customers from specification through to delivery.
- Work with the sales team to identify potential customers and to understand customer business and network needs.
- Participate as a member of Customer Teams made up of representatives from various functions who collaborate to understand and enable the achievement of customer goals, contributing technical knowledge.
- Meet with influencers and decision makers alongside the sales team and proactively develop technical relationships.
- Participate in presentations to groups of influencers and decision makers.
- Build and maintain excellent rapport with all constituencies; Teneo colleagues, current and prospective customers, and vendor partners.
- Provide demonstrations and set up, monitor and review the success of pilots.
- Work within Customer Teams to formulate impactful and convincing recommendations and RFI and RFP responses.
- Engage and work with vendors and other customer suppliers to integrate technologies.
- Serve as the focal point for all non-support technical issues and questions on assigned Customers.
- Provide training and consultancy services where appropriate.
- Be a subject matter expert for the chosen Teneo solution area.
- Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support when necessary including support for other offices during their out of hours period.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Associate or bachelor’s degree
- Excellent track record in technical sales
- Experience of designing and installing multiple network and/or security products in medium and large enterprises
- Experience of wan optimisation, firewalls/security and application delivery controllers SNMP, SIM, log management or related management technologies
- Technical sales skills gained from a reseller or vendor background
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Deep Route/switching knowledge
- Knowledge of vendors such as Riverbed, Palo Alto and Gigamon.
- Good understanding of WAN optimization and netflow.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and growing environment
- Relationship management skills
- Communication skills – written and verbal
- Analytical and logical
- Problem solving skills
- Organized and efficient
No agencies please.