Location: Dulles, VA or Atlanta, GA
Based in either Dulles, VA or Atlanta, GA, the Project Manager will ensure the successful delivery of multiple projects.
- Manage multiple projects identifying and addressing risks and issues delivering to time, cost, scope and customer expectations.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers and internal resources involved in the end-to-end process of delivery
- Collaborate with the customer and internal resources in meetings prior to and during the delivery phase
- Manage project budgets effectively by monitoring and aligning with clients on cost deviations
- Communicate technical and business requirements with engineers, architects, and clients.
- Draw up original project plans, run project initiation meetings and lead and support the internal teams in a smooth deployment
- Keep customers informed of progress throughout the process
- Deal with any negative customer experience events and lead corrective/preventative actions on any implementation related issues
- Remove obstacles hindering project efforts and deliverables, through effective influencing, collaboration and conflict resolution
- Produce progress reports where relevant internally and externally
- Interface with Sales teams for new project requirements and keep them informed of any pending issues
- Manage high performing teams assigned to projects and ensure success of assigned projects
- Participate in project post-mortems
- Support pre-sales efforts by reviewing and providing feedback on RFPs, SOWs, or proposals, as needed
- Help develop and improve PMO tools and processes
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years managing IT projects in a high-tech environment
- Preferred experience with consulting/professional services firm or within an IT organization
- Certification or formal training in Project Management – PMP and/or Agile Certification is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Project management methodology (such as Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Scheduling and applicable systems (such as MS project)
- Cost management
- High level knowledge of Teneo’s technology areas (SD WAN, Security, Networking & Performance)
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and growing environment
- Relationship management skills
- Communication skills – written and verbal
- Analytical and logical
- Problem solving skills
- Organised and efficient