Location: Dulles, VA, USA
Reporting to the Internal Sales Manager, the purpose of this role is to find, pursue and manage opportunities for the sale of solutions to businesses across a range of vertical markets working alongside other inside sales representatives and designated field sales representatives..
- Work with the Inside Sales Manager to ensure achievement of monthly, quarterly and annual productivity, revenue and gross profit targets.
- Liaise with the Campaign Coordinator to ensure a continual flow of highly scored leads.
- Call leads assigned by the campaign coordinator.
- Contact designated, existing customers to renew and grow their accounts.
- Contact allocated prospects and customers within assigned vertical markets and use a consultative sales approach to build a pipeline of new business and cross-sell opportunities.
- Escalate significant sales opportunities to assigned field sales representatives
- Monitor the status of all sales leads.
- Schedule activities, make appointments and manage calendars for assigned field sales representatives related to escalated sales opportunities.
- Project manage sales opportunities.
- Carry out actions resulting from meetings conducted by assigned field sales representatives.
- Manage the interface between sales, pre-sales, project management and delivery.
- Arrange the production of quotes by the customer services representatives.
- Keep up to date and accurate records of customer activity using NetSuite.
- Collaborate with field sales representatives to provide timely and accurate sales forecasts.
- Submit regular reports showing sales results and activity.
- Attend regular sales meetings.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Educated to Associates or Bachelor degree level.
- Demonstrable track record in business to business sales, ideally with some time spent in IT sales.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Good understanding of the commercial impact of IT.
- Consultative business to business sales approach.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and growing environment.
- Relationship management skills.
- Communication skills – questioning, listening and presenting.
- Proficient in the use of a CRM system, ideally NetSuite.
- Open minded.
- Driven and motivated.
- Team player