Location: Theale, UK or Atlanta, GA, USA
Based in either Theale, UK or Atlanta, GA, USA the Design Engineers will report to the Head of Service Delivery and will provide technical design and support to SD-WAN/Networks Pilots as well as SD-WAN Implementation and Migration Projects from Specification through to Delivery.
- Assist the SD-WAN Virtual Team to sell solutions (SDWAN and Networks) to customers by working within a Teneo framework and using a common language.
- Participate as a member of Virtual Teams made up of representatives from various functions who collaborate to understand and enable the achievement of customer goals.
- Provide technical support for Pre-sales demonstrations, PoCs and Pilot implementations.
- Install and manage customer SD-WAN technology trials.
- Work within Virtual Customer Teams and provide technical support for RFI and RFP responses if need it.
- Engage and work with vendors and other customer suppliers to resolve technical issues.
- Provide technical support for customers during the SD-WAN and Networks Pilots.
- Provide training and consultancy services where appropriate.
- Be a technical expert in at least one SD-WAN Vendor solution.
- Create SD-WAN designs and supporting documentation for SD-WAN transformation projects (including LLD, M-LLD & MoPs).
- Work with the Teneo Solution Architects, services team and SD-WAN ecosystem partners to support and develop SD-WAN solutions which include security, visibility, connectivity and other complementary technologies as required.
- Lead the SD-WAN implementation and migration projects as a technical expert.
- Meet and work with customer technical teams to develop technical relationships.
- Provide technical input into the implementation of Teneo solutions.
- Serve as the focal point for all non-support technical issues and questions on assigned accounts.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support for SD-WAN deployments when necessary including support for other offices during their out of hours period.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Educated to ‘A’ level standard or equivalent qualification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- LANs, WANs, QoS enabled IP networks – Implementation and Design.
- IP networks and protocols, including IP addressing schemes, BGP, OSPF and generic routing ad switching technologies.
- Knowledge and understanding of transport networks Ethernet, MPLS (Layer2 and Layer3 VPN’s)
- IPSec VPN’s and transport security
- Knowledge of systems (routers, switches, firewalls, etc.) from key vendors such as Cisco or Juniper.
- The ability to conceptualise and design network Enterprise infrastructure.
- WAN connectivity design and implementation. Network monitoring tools
- Demonstrable experience supporting Service Provider or Enterprise Grade Networks
- Professional accreditation or Vendor Certifications level such as Cisco, CCDP/CCNP, Juniper, etc.
- Understand network management technologies (SNMP and NetFlow)
- Understand network infrastructure technologies (TCP/IP, switching & routing)
- Understand WAN Optimization technology (Preferably Riverbed)
- Understand firewall technology
NICE TO HAVE
- Design Methodology (TOGAF, etc.) and tools – operational experiences
- Track record delivering network design and audit/assessment assignments with good level of documentations (HLD/LLD/MoP’s etc.). Produce and Peer Review LLD (Low Level Designs) and HLD (High Level Designs)
- SDN and SDWAN technologies knowledge and experience
- Applications experience like Voice, etc. Cloud experience (like AWS or Azure)
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and growing environment
- Relationship management skills
- Communication skills – written and verbal
- Analytical and logical
- Problem solving skills
- Organised and efficient