Established in 2000 with a Mission of ‘Opening Minds to New Possibilities’, Teneo is a Solutions Provider focused on reducing complexity. We combine leading technology with deep expertise to create new ideas on how to simplify IT operations. Simplification reduces risk, saves money, improves time to resolution and boosts user adoption. We call this “simplification through innovation”. We focus on connecting users to their applications in a way that is secure, optimized and observable.
We are driven to excel by our Purpose beyond Profit – to positively impact the lives of a million children around the world and this, coupled with our core values of Accountability, Growth, Respect, Integrity, Commitment to Excellence, Employee Wellbeing and Corporate Social Responsibility. provides the foundation to all that we do. Recent initiatives demonstrate this including: funding the building of a number of schools in Africa and giving all employees time off during the year to do voluntary work.
The company employs around 60 people in its headquarters in the UK and offices in, Australia and the USA and has a global reach.
We are currently looking for a Strategic Account Manager to join our growing team with the purpose of building strategic relationships with named and allocated customers using the Teneo Sales Methodology resulting in the achievement of sustainable, profitable revenue growth targets.
Salary: circa £45,000 per annum plus no ceiling commission scheme, car allowance and generous benefits, including uncapped holiday allowance.
- Consult with and sell solutions to Named/Allocated core customers by working within a Teneo framework and using a common language
- Form and lead Customer Teams made up of representatives from various functions who collaborate to understand and enable the achievement of core customer goals
- Become an expert in specified vertical markets building knowledge of market and competitor intelligence and a bank of success stories
- Put together comprehensive account maps and plans for all allocated customers
- Identify and cultivate relationships with all influencers and decision makers within an organisation
- Meet with influencers and decision makers at theirs, Teneo’s and vendors’ premises and at events on a regular basis to gain an understanding of strategy, recommend solutions, introduce incubation products, conduct market research, source advice, solve problems, review service, assist in the delivery of solutions, show appreciation and cultivate partnership opportunities
- Conduct in-depth consultations with allocated customers to identify specific business needs and analyse financials
- Make presentations to groups of influencers and decision makers which involve negotiation and secure commitment
- Provide demonstrations and set up, monitor and review the success of pilots
- Work with Customer Teams to formulate impactful and convincing recommendations
- Leverage and tailor Teneo collateral to suit individual customers and situations
- Engage and work with vendors and other customer suppliers to integrate technologies
- Keep up to date, comprehensive and accurate records of customers business status and activity using a CRM system
- Communicate extensively internally using a variety of methods and styles to suit the audience, providing and sharing timely and accurate reports, sales forecasts and business plans
- Devise time, activity and workload plans to ensure achievement of monthly, quarterly and annual productivity, revenue and gross profit targets
- Network and build relationships and become an expert in specified vertical markets, acquiring market and competitor intelligence and a bank of success stories
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Educated to degree level
- Demonstrable track record in business to business sales, customer service, business ownership or management consultancy
- Full driving license
- Technologically minded and aware of the commercial impact of IT
- Consultative, business to business sales
- Relationship management
- Problem solving
- Communication – questioning, listening, presenting and writing
- Time management
- Organised and structured
- Open Minded