Reporting to the VP of Business Development, the Sales Development Representative (SDR) finds, pursues and manages opportunities within prospect, quiet and lapsed accounts for the sale of solutions to businesses across a range of vertical markets.
- Work with the VP of Business Development to ensure achievement of monthly, quarterly and annual KPIs for appointments and new business lead activities.
- Liaise with Marketing to ensure a continual flow of highly scored leads.
- Follow up Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) using all methods of communication (e.g. phone, LinkedIn, email) to generate meetings.
- Assist with creation of outreach templates and sequences, test and refine for best results.
- Research prospective accounts and leads through LinkedIn Sales Navigator and make contact.
- Leverage ZoomInfo Intent data to inform and refine targeting efforts.
- Prepare target lists in ZoomInfo and import to HubSpot
- Contact allocated prospects within assigned vertical markets and use a consultative sales approach to build a pipeline of new business opportunities.
- Monitor status of all sales leads.
- Include Account Managers on all MQL meetings and hand over opportunities with less than 6 months left in the sales cycle.
- Project manage new business sales opportunities.
- Manage sales opportunities in allocated SMB Accounts.
- Manage the interface between sales, pre-sales, project management and service delivery.
- Keep up to date and accurate records of customer activity using HubSpot.
- Collaborate with External Business Development Managers to provide timely and accurate sales forecasts.
- Submit regular activity and results reports.
- Attend sales meetings.
- Attend daily huddles.
Education & Work Experience
- Educated to Associates or Bachelor degree level.
- Demonstrable track record in business to business sales, ideally with some time spent in IT sales.
- Good understanding of the commercial impact of IT.
- Consultative business to business sales approach.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and growing environment.
- Relationship management skills.
- Communication skills – questioning, listening and presenting.
- Organised, efficient and structured.
- Proficient in the use of a CRM system, HubSpot.
- Driven and motivated
- Team player