Reporting to the VP of Sales, the Inside Business Development Manager finds, pursues and manages opportunities for the sale of solutions to businesses across a range of vertical markets and coordinates appointments for External Business Development Managers.
Candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of experience level. Full training will be provided and for those just starting their career, it will cover fundamentals on selling, prospecting and holding effective meetings.
- Work with the VP of Sales to ensure achievement of monthly, quarterly and annual productivity of appointments and new business lead activities.
- Liaise with Marketing to ensure a continual flow of highly scored leads.
- Call leads assigned by Marketing.
- Contact allocated prospects within assigned vertical markets and use a consultative sales approach to build a pipeline of new business opportunities.
- Monitor the status of all sales leads.
- Schedule activities, make appointments and manage calendars for External Business Development Managers.
- Project manage new business sales opportunities.
- Manage the interface between sales, pre-sales, project management and delivery.
- Keep up to date and accurate records of customer activity using NetSuite.
- Collaborate with External Business Development Managers to provide timely and accurate sales forecasts.
- Submit regular reports showing results and activity.
- Attend regular sales meetings.
Education & Work Experience
- Educated to Associates or Bachelor degree level.
- Some understanding of the commercial impact of IT.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and growing environment.
- Communication skills – questioning, listening and presenting.
- Driven and motivated
- Team player